- Rate (Level) - Adjusts the rate of modulation from a slow swirl to a rapid flutter. Turning this knob cancels the Tap Tempo setting. Holding the Bypass / Level footswitch allows you to adjust the overall volume of the effect. The pedal stores this setting in its memory for future use.
- Depth - Controls the amount of modulation from subtle to intense.
- Color - Adjusts the tone or character of the chorus effect.
- Mix - Blends between the dry and the modulated signals.
*Hint: For pitch vibrato, set the Mix knob fully clockwise.
- Tap Tempo / Division - tap twice to set the modulation rate. The LED above the Tap switch flashes to indicate the current rate and division. Hold to cycle between quarter-note (green,) eighth-note (orange) and half-note (red) tap tempo divisions.
- Remote Tap Tempo Jack - connect a normally-open momentary footswitch to this jack to set the modulation time remotely. Hold down the remote footswitch to change tap divisions.
*Hint - the Mix knob changes the character of the sound dramatically. High Mix settings yield a pitch vibrato in Ensemble and Dimension modes, and a more intense tremolo + vibrato effect in Rotary mode.
- Mode Toggle:
- Ensemble - Traditional single-voice chorus tones live here. The dry signal is mixed with a varying time-delayed signal, resulting in a shifting, bubbling thickening effect. The Color knob controls the tone of the chorus voice, allowing the effect to be more or less present in the mix.
- Dimension - Adds a second chorus voice sweeping opposite from the first, designed to reduce the characteristic "warble." This mode produces a less animated, more subtle thickening of the signal and sounds great clean or distorted. The Color knob controls the brightness of the chorus tone.
- Rotary - combines a sweet chorus with a smooth tremolo to mimic a rotating speaker effect. The Color knob controls the balance between the upper rotor vibrato and the lower rotor tremolo tones.
The Chesapeake features a TRS (tip-ring-sleeve) output jack. The tip carries a mix of effected (wet) and clean signals, as determined by the Mix knob. The ring carries a buffered dry signal. When the pedal is bypassed, both tip and ring remain active, and each output is separately buffered for low-noise performance. Set the Mix control fully wet for the maximum amount of stereo separation. Alexander Pedals highly recommends the Disaster Area Designs TRS Insert Cable for stereo output.
The Chesapeake features buffered bypass switching with a soft-touch footswitch.
The Chesapeake requires a 9V DC power supply with a 2.1mm pin, center negative. The Chesapeake is not designed to be powered on supplies higher than 9V and does not use a battery. The Chesapeake should work fine on a multi-pedal "daisy chain" connector, but if you encounter excessive noise or hum try a separate power supply. The Chesapeake requires approx. 75mA.
- (2016-06-20) Alexander Chesapeake Stereo Chorus Vibrato by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2016-06-27) Warning: Those who venture too far into the depths of the Chesapeake may be overcome by the harmonic waves and slip into a swirling, dream-like euphoria. Swim at your own risk. by ProGuitarShop Collective
- (2016-07-03) SNAMM '16 - Alexander Pedals Chesapeake and Equilibrium Demos by Premier Guitar
- (2016-07-18) Love Andy's demos! #Repost @proguitarshop ??? @alexanderpedals - Chesapeake Have you heard this!? by Alexander Pedals
- (2016-08-03) Alexander Chesapeake Chorus/Vibrato with Mike Hermans by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2016-08-04) Combines three chorus types that have been used to great effect by guitarists since the whole shebang was invented. http://proguitarshop.com/alexander-pedals-chesapeake.html by ProGuitarShop Collective
- (2016-08-04) There's a new #Chesapeake demo up! Mike Hermans nails it. #Repost @proguitarshop ??? Combines three chorus types that have been used to great effect by guitarists since the whole shebang was invented. @alexanderpedals by Alexander Pedals
- (2016-09-27) Alexander Chesapeake Chorus Vibrato by reverbmarket
- (2016-11-28) Blue on Black #chesapeake stereo chorus vibrato with tap tempo. Sale ends tonight - details on the website. www.alexanderpedals.com/shop/cyber-monday-2016 by Alexander Pedals