Ghosts and goblins, witches and spooks. Las Calaveras are the sugar skulls seen all over Mexico on Dias de los Muertes, the Day of the Dead. Like those skulls, La Calavera is sweet and a little scary.
The first batch of La Calaveras will consist of four different sugar skull designs - choose the one you like the best or we can pick for you!
- Rate: Controls the rate of the low-frequency oscillator (LFO) for the phase shifter. In Envelope mode, the rate control sets the maximum speed.
- Intensity: Controls the maximum LFO sweep and the intensity of the phase shifter.
- Mix: Controls the blend between the dry and phased signal. Equal mix is at 12 o'clock. Hint: Vibrato effects are available with 100% wet mix.
- Tweak: This controls different parameters depending on the mode the pedal is in. See below for details.
- Suave: Smooth sounding ten-stage studio phaser, the Suave mode is wet and deep. The Tweak knob controls the amount of regeneration in the phase signal. This mode has a unique twist - when the Depth control gets high enough the oscillator waveform "folds back" into itself for a super-deep sweep.
- Dynámica: This mode puts the control in your hands, literally. The Tweak knob controls the sensitivity of the phaser to your guitar input volume, and the Rate knob sets the maximum phaser speed. Set the Rate below noon to increase speed with higher volumes, set above noon to decrease speed with louder signals.
Hint: Try Envelope mode mixed fully wet, with low Intensity for a volume sensing vibrato.
- Loco: This one is pretty crazy. The Tweak knob controls the feedback of the phase signal, and is linked to a ring modulator for some intense modulation effects. Might sound pretty gnarly, might sound pretty sweet.
La Calavera requires a 9V DC power supply with a 2.1mm pin, center negative. La Calavera is not designed to be powered on supplies higher than 9V and does not use a battery. La Calavera should work fine on a multi-pedal "daisy chain" connector, but if you encounter excessive noise or hum try a separate power supply
- (2015-11-01) #lacalavera #felizdiasdelosmuertos #phaser #comingsoon #greattonesdoinggood by Alexander Pedals
- (2015-11-02) Dinámica mode - the phaser speeds up or slows down based on your picking attack! Great for subtle color or spastic gibbering. by Alexander Pedals
- (2015-11-03) We get asked all the time if our pedals work for bass. The answer is a big fat "yes!" This is another sample of Dinámica mode but with the volume sensing disabled. This mode is a four stage phaser so it has a different sound than the 10 stage Suave mode by Alexander Pedals
- (2015-11-04) You guys know we like to add a little bit of spice to our pedals, so here's a taste of the Loco mode. It's a six stage phase shifter combined with a ring modulator. Rather than modulating your guitar signal, the ringer works on the phase regeneration for by Alexander Pedals
- (2015-12-03) I love this. Sweet post from @cbegien featuring her #lacalavera phaser. Btw I have the same @smallsoundbigsound pink Mini. Too much good stuff going on here. #Repost @cbegien with @repostapp. ??? @alexanderpedals La Calavera #phaser is slow and 'sauve' by Alexander Pedals
- (2015-12-24) Alexander Calavera Phaser by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2015-12-24) Hot on the heels of Andy's great #jubilee demo, here is Mike Hermans with a rundown of La Calavera! Mike does a stellar job as always, go check it out! by Alexander Pedals
- (2015-12-25) So this isn't up on the website yet but @uscalaveras have a very special version of the #lacalavera #phaser pedal available. It's exclusive to them so if you like he black and blue look check them out! by Alexander Pedals
- (2016-01-30) Alexander La Calavera Phaser by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2016-02-09) @proguitarshop always do such great videos. Here's another look at #lacalavera phaser from Andy. #greattonesdoinggood #Repost @proguitarshop with @repostapp. ??? Andy breaks out the big guns (if Brixton) for the La Calavera demo. #clash fans rejoice! by Alexander Pedals
- (2016-02-22) All these are new @alexanderpedals getting born. Thanks to all our rad customers, fans, and dealers for keeping us so busy! by Alexander Pedals
- (2016-09-30) Alexander Pedals La Calavera (demo) by Livingroom Demos
- (2016-10-19) Sweet tones from #lacalavera here! #Repost @samatkins78 ??? NPD...Lush sounding phase pedal from @alexanderpedals - I think I need some more practice with the 'Loco' mode!! #guitar #guitarfx #guitarpedal Im still using the '63 Gibson Melody Maker into th by Alexander Pedals
- (2016-11-28) Orange and black #lacalavera here. Audio by Andy Martin @proguitarshop and he's showing the Dinamica mode where the phasing changes speed based on your playing. Limited edition, here today and gone tomorrow. Literally. www.alexanderpedals.com/shop/cyb by Alexander Pedals
- (2017-06-16) La Calavera Phaser - Alexander Pedals by GuitarGearComMx