Alesis ModFx Faze
Submitted on December 26, 2004
- selects the timbre of phasing effect, and how the left channel and the right channel of the Faze relate to eachother, as shown by the LEDs next to the switch.
- Determines the frequency center the phasor's filters will modulate around.
- makes the phasing effect more dramatic, by feeding the output back into the input. The 12 o'clock position turns Regen off.
- Reset Mod
- Restarts the phasor from the beginning of its cycle. Changes the pattern in Pattern mode.
- Tap Tempo
- Active in Tempo Sync mode only. Tap a regular beat on this button, and the modspeed of the Faze will be set at some multiple of that beat, as determined by the Rate knob.
- selects the type of wave used to modulate the phasor.
- Affects the phasing speed, in cooperation with the Tempo Sync and Tap Tempo buttons.
- Affects the depth of the modulation.
the manualDigital emulation of classic stereo phaser effects, with five different modulation sourcesUniform, friendly, uncomplicated user interface-no fiddling with complicated menus or "hidden" knobsTempo synchronization keeps phasing effect in time with the musicTap Tempo makes it easy to set the speed of phasing by tapping a beat on the top panelReset Mod lets you reset the phase of any modulation shape from its beginningStereo processing via four 1/4" unbalanced connectorsModLink port, a cable-free connection that transfers digital audio and word clock to other boxes in the ModFX familyFootswitch connection to control the bypass functionAbility to mount 3 ModFX boxes in the optional ModFX rack adapterInput trim control to adjust input levelInternal 28-bit digital processing24-bit D/A and A/D conversion at 48kHz sampling rate for quiet, distortion-free effects
envelope-controlled envelope follower amplitude controlled low frequency oscillator lfo-controlled fx pedal stompbox stomp box guitar effects pedal fazer phaser modulation modulate time-based lfo phazer taptempo