- Switches the MFC42 on/off.
- MIDI CH.
- Sets the MIDI channel of the MFC42. Off, 01~16, L01~L16 (L: Local Off). The value is indicated on 7-seg LED (key flickers while setting).
- CC Number
- To confirm the CC (Control Change) numbers assigned to the keys and knobs. The value is indicated on 7-seg LED (key flickers while confirming).
- Adjust the value of various parameters. Pressing the + and â€“ keys together sends out all parameter settings via MIDI â€“ Send Scene function.
- 7-seg LED
- Shows the various parameter values, i.e. Tempo, MIDI channel, Control Change number. When the Rate knob is moved, the flickering speed of upper and lower halves of LED changes accordingly.
- MIDI Clock Sync
- Set to on to sync to the external sequencer or rhythm machine via MIDI Clock. The speed of MIDI Clock and the note length selected by Beat key control the speed of LFO or the trigger timing of envelope (key is lit while on).
- Used with the MIDI Clock Sync or TAP Tempo key, it selects the note length that controls the speed of LFO or the trigger timing of envelope. One of the six LEDs on their side is always selected (ON) and the key press toggles the selection. The mark designates the note length of breve (two whole notes).
- - 3 -
- Changes the selected note by Beat key to triplet notes (key is lit while on).
- Tap Tempo
- Tempo is detected by the timing of key presses. The tempo entered and the note selected by Beat key set the speed of LFO or the trigger timing of envelope. The tempo entered is indicated on 7-seg LED (default tempo setting is 120BPM).
- Sets the speed of LFO or the trigger timing of envelope. The flickering speed of upper and lower halves of 7-seg LED changes accordingly.
- Manually triggers the envelope for cut-off or resonance at desired point. The trigger is turned on when the key is pressed and turned off as released. The envelope is set with A/D/S/R knobs.
- Sets the attack time of envelope.
- Sets the decay time of envelope.
- Sets the sustain level of envelope.
- Sets the release time of envelope.
- The Beat Module triggers the envelope for cut-off/resonance cyclically when itâ€™s on (key is lit while on).
- The Beat Module applies the LFO of constant speed to cut-off/resonance when itâ€™s on (key is lit while on).
- Selects the waveform for LFO from 4 waveforms of Triangle, Square, Sawtooth and Random. The key press toggles the waveform selected. The LED of selected waveform is lit.
- The cut-off is controlled by the Groove Modulator or Manual Trigger when on (LED is lit while on). It can be used with Reso key.
- The resonance is controlled by the Groove Modulator or Manual Trigger when on (LED is lit while on). It can be used with the Cutoff key.
- Sets the depth of LFO waveform/amount of envelope change that controls cut-off/resonance. The larger the LFO waveform/Envelope, the more the changes.
- Selects the destination of Groove Modulator/Manual Trigger to either Mono or Stereo channel to control its cut-off/resonance.
- L-R Phase
- Adjusts the phase difference of LFO waveform between Left and Right channels (Stereo channel only).
- Adjusts the input level. This adjusts the signal level introduced to the filter module.
- 2 Pole
- Turns 2-pole filter on/off (key is lit while on).
- 2 Pole
- 4 Pole
- Turns 4-pole filter on/off (key is lit while on).
- 4 Pole
- 8 Pole (Mono channel only)
- Turns 8-pole filter on/off (key is lit while on).
- Filter Type
- Selects the filter type from High pass, Low pass, Band pass and Notch type (designates up and designates down position).
- Filter Type
- Adjusts the cut-off frequency of filter. The sound changes with the rotation of knob.
- Adjusts the resonance of filter. Gives sound the distinguishable character. It even oscillates when the knob is turned up too high.
- Adjusts the output level of filter module. These are used to balance the Mono/Stereo outputs.
- Enables to control the cut-off for both Mono and Stereo channels simultaneously. The Cutoff knob on Mono channel controls both channels. The Cutoff knob on Stereo channel is disabled when LINK is on (LED is lit while on).
- Inverts the movement of cut-off control for Mono and Stereo channels only while LINK is enabled (LED is lit while on).
- Pan (Mono channel only)
- Adjusts the panning of output signal from the Mono channel filter module.
- Phase Shifter
- Turns the phase shifter effect on/off. It gives sound the swirl effect/rolling effect (LED is lit while on). The effect is applied to both Mono and Stereo channels.
- Speed (Phase Shifter)
- Adjusts the speed of phase shifter (swirling/rolling) effect.
- Depth (Phase Shifter)
- Adjusts the depth/amount of phase shifter (swirling/rolling) effect.
- Turns the distortion effect on/off. It distorts the sound (LED is lit while on). The effect is applied to both Mono and Stereo channels. The amount of distortion is adjusted by the Input and/or Level knobs on Mono/Stereo channels. The output level is adjusted by the output knob.
- Output (Distortion)
- Adjusts the output level of distortion effect.
- High (EQ)
- Adjusts the level of high frequency component in output L/R and headphones.
- Low (EQ)
- Adjusts the level of low frequency component in output L/R and headphones.
- Main Volume
- Adjusts the level of output L/R.
- Phones Level
- Adjusts the level of headphones.
The MFC's two filters are true analogue giving that indefinable extra warmth that only analogue circuitry can deliver. Ideal for live and studio work, the MFC42 will appeal to a wide variety of musicians from hip hop and R&B where it will add a rich, deep warm analogue feel to techno, hip hop and new age where you can add big filter sweeps and extreme resonance.The MFC42 features 1 x stereo and 1x mono channel which can be controlled independently. The stereo channel features 2-pole and 4-pole and the mono channel has 2-pole, 4-pole and 8-pole selectable filters. When you select the 8-pole filter on the mono channel the stereo channel is turned off and bypassed. You can directly select between any one of four filter types: Low pass, High pass, Band pass and Notch independently for both the stereo and mono channels.The MFC42 also includes a multi-waveform LFO and an Envelope generator; you can select the destination of the LFO (stereo channel or mono), you can select the LFO to modulate cutoff and resonance and you can use it to phase between L and R.Tapping the Tap Tempo key controls the speed of the LFO. The LFO can also be synchonised to external MIDI clock. A Trigger button triggers the envelope generator which has independent controls for attack, decay, sustain & release. Alternatively the MFC can have it's envelope triggered via incoming MIDI note-ons on a specified MIDI channel.Effects include distortion with depth control, analogue stereo phaser with speed and depth controls and Master EQ with separate Low & High controls. You can control almost all the knobs and all the keys with MIDI control change data and record the movement of each knob to an external sequencer. And for live performance the stereo input accepts direct connection from a turn table.
- Filter/FX Circuitry
- Filter Slopes
- 2-, 4-, 8-Pole (8-Pole Mono channel only)
- Phase shifter, distortion
- Mono input: 6.3mm phone jack x1 (Impedance 47kOhms), max. +16dBm
Line input: 6.3mm phone jack x2 (Impedance 47kOhms), max. +16dBm
Phono input: RCA x2 LINE/PHONO (Impedance 19k/32kOhms), max. 0dBm
Line output: 6.3mm phone jack x2 (Impedance 1kOhms), max. +16dBm
Phono output: RCA x2 LINE/PHONO (Impedance 1kOhms), max. +16dBm
Headphone output: 6.3mm stereo phone jack x1, 70mW (load Impedance 32Ohms)
Midi In/Out/Thru (DIN 5pin x3)
- 7-segment LED x3
- Power Supply
- AC100V/120V/230V, 50/60Hz, 9 Watts
- 482.6 (w) x 88.1 (h) x 136.2 (d) mm
- AC Cord, Operator's Manual
- KIT-MFC (Mounting bracket kit for MPC2000/MPC2000XL)