press release (July 2, 2010)
Aguilar Amplification announces the Filter Twin® Dual Envelope Filter
New York, NY—Aguilar Amplification, an industry leader in creating high-quality amplifiers, speaker cabinets and accessories for discerning bassists, is pleased to announce the Filter Twin dual envelope filter.
The hotly anticipated Filter Twin uses two identical filters sweeping in opposite directions, one up and one down. This unique design creates classic 70's-inspired funk sounds and completely new and original filter tones. Aguilar's Chief Technical Officer, Geof Lipman, says, “Having two filters moving around gives you a more organic, vocal quality. By using two filters you are able to get expressive new sounds that you can't get from other pedals.”
The Filter Twin employs an intuitive four-knob layout. The blend control pans between the filters, allowing the user to mix how much of each filter they hear. The threshold control determines how sensitive the unit is to different playing styles, while the velocity controls determine the speed of each filter.
- Separate velocity controls for each filter
- Blend control allows for panning between filters
- Gig-saver bypass (signal passes even if your battery dies)
- Power: Nine-volt battery or optional universal power supply
- Heavy duty steel construction
The Filter Twin® will be available in July 2010 and has a street price of $199.00
The Filter Twin® uses two identical filters sweeping in opposite directions - one up in frequency, one down in frequency - to give classic 70's-inspired funk sounds or completely new and original filter tones. Two filters sweeping at the same time give you a more organic, vocal quality and allow you to get expressive new sounds that you can't get from other pedals.
The Filter Twin® offers unique filter effects via an intuitive four-knob layout. The blend control allows you to adjust the mix between the filters. The threshold control determines how sensitive the unit is to different playing styles. The velocity controls determine the speed of each filter.
- (2010-06-27) Dave Avenius' Favorite Tone (w/Filter Twin!) With Steve Jenkins by Aguilar Amplification
- (2010-07-01) Aguilar Filter Twin with Steve Jenkins Part I by Aguilar Amplification
- (2010-07-01) Aguilar Filter Twin with Steve Jenkins Part II by Aguilar Amplification
- (2011-11-02) Aguilar Filter Twin in 100 Seconds by docSanchezFX
- (2011-11-02) Aguilar Filter Twin in 100 Seconds (BASS) by docSanchezFX
- (2012-01-21) NAMM 2012 Bass - Aguilar Filter Twin by 13thStreetGuitars
- (2012-05-07) Guillermo Vadalá usando el Filter Twin de Aguilar by GuitarGearComMx
- (2012-06-11) Filter Twin Aguilar by Pablo Gonzalez Sarre by GuitarGearComMx
- (2014-07-01) Aguilar Filter Twin Pedal Demo with Anthony Wellington by Aguilar Amplification
- (2015-09-18) Aguilar - Filter Twin, Octamizer y Tone Hammer by GuitarGearComMx
- (2016-06-06) Federico Malaman - "Filter Twin Funk" Live at the Aguilar Arti... by Aguilar Amplification
- (2016-06-20) FEDERICO MALAMAN // AGUILAR FILTER TWIN FUNK // BassTheWorld.com by BassTheWorld
- (2016-08-10) Aguilar Filter Twin Auto-Wah für Bass Video-Review von session by SessionMusicTV