A simple setup is first and foremost here, and the Aerodynamic Overdrive exudes tone and sparkle for days. The 3 main controls here are almost a given these days for any overdrive: Volume, Tone and Gain. This pedal is definitely in the low-to-mid gain drive category, so itÂ’s easy to get a nice, clean, shiny boost by turning down the Gain and cranking up the Volume, then setting the Tone to taste. The Gain itself has a decent range, especially when coupled with the 3-way toggle switch, which provides an extra added dimension to this stompbox.
The toggle switch alternates between a Low Gain setting, a High Gain setting and the main circuit only when placed in the center position. When flipped to the right, the Aerodynamic Overdrive utilizes Bat41 diodes for a symmetrical, low-gain tone, while the left side is a higher-gain option, using Germanium 1N34A asymmetrical diodes, providing a transparent sound that will also make your amp sing. Having these three differing options opens this baby up, and will lead to a lot of experimentation, while still keeping the overall feel of the pedal relatively simple.
- Gain to control how much drive is sending to your amp
- Tone to control how fat or sparkle tone.
- Volume works over all control for the circuit.
- On-off toggle switch
- High-quality input jack and a standard negative center power jack.
- (2015-05-05) Ad pedals aerodynamic overdrive - overdrive pedal by AD Pedals
- (2015-05-08) Ad pedals aerodynamic overdrive by AD Pedals
- (2015-05-08) AD Pedals Aerodynamic Overdrive by PedalOfTheDay
- (2016-04-11) AD Pedals Aerodynamic Overdrive (demo) by Livingroom Demos
- (2016-05-15) AD Pedals Aerodynamic overdrive by AD Pedals