2-Channel Analog Preamp With:
- D-TORSION CORE Dynamics and Sensitivity Control
- All Analog Signal Path
- Independent Passive Tone Stacks
- Independent Pre-Distortion VOICING for CLEAN, OD & DISTORTION
- Adjustable Level Dual-Buffered EFFECTS LOOP
- Foot Switched BOOST up to +16dB
- TRUE BYPASS
- TUNER OUT
- All-Steel Industrial Grade Enclosure
- Hand Made in California
The modes of operation of the APP-1 are:
- BOOST only
- BOOST with the dual buffered FX LOOP
- PREAMP + BOOST
- PREAMP + BOOST with the dual buffered FX LOOP
- TUNER MUTE - this silences everything except the signal to your tuner, which is plugged into the back panel of the APP-1
- TRUE BYPASS (Hardwire bypass) This also disconnects the TUNER so it won't load your guitar signal. The signal to the TUNER jack is only present in the IN mode and TUNER MUTE mode, and this signal is buffered.
By switching the FX LOOP in and out, the user can adjust any gain loss from the effects in he signal chain with the FX LOOP RTN LEVEL pot. Also when the FX RETURN jack is unplugged, the signal path is normalized, meaning the FX LOOP RTN LEVEL pot is out of the path and the path gain is equal to 1.
The BOOST circuit is post MASTER, so the level of the MASTER is always boosted proportionally up to +16dB of additional gain.
A/DA press release (March 20, 2012)
A/DA Launches New APP-1 PEDAL PREAMP
with Groundbreaking D-TORSION CORETM Technology
WALNUT CREEK, CA – MARCH 20, 2012 -- A/DA announces the release of the new APP-1 Pedal Preamp, a guitar preamplifier built around A/DA’s new patent-pending player-responsive D-TORTION CORE technology, which reacts to the signal level of the strings to deliver more volume, dynamics, timbre, faster transients and richer harmonics than any amplifier available today. The APP-1 is A/DA’s first product based on the newly invented D TORSION CORE technology, which features user-adjustable dynamic range and threshold levels for signal limiting, compression, distortion and harmonic expansion. The APP-1 allows the guitarist to express, through his or her fingers, dynamics and tone like never before, going from ultraclean to overdrive to heavy distortion without turning a single knob on any amp, signal processor, recording console, stomp box or guitar.
D-TORSION CORE is a pure analog technology with no digital processing, latency or side-chaining. Other inherent benefits are low noise, low cost, small size, light weight and high reliability with no maintenance. D-TORSION DIGITAL is an embedded code implementation and UI of this new technology.
Over the last 30 years, guitarists have been demanding more and more gain out of their amplifiers to overdrive and distort their guitar signal. In the evolution towards greater gain, designers have compromised amplitude dynamics to the point where high-gain signal paths produce guitar signals that are "switched off and on," much like early electronic organ keyboards, where each note sounds the same regardless of how light or heavy the key is played or the guitarist picks. A/DA’s D-TORSION CORE changes this, and similar to what velocity sensing and touch sensitive keyboards did to the keyboard market, this technology will bring new expression to and demand for D-TORSION based guitar amps and preamps.
As with modern combos and heads, the APP-1 preamp has an Effects Loop and a “solo-type” Boost control. With independent Voicing and the Tone Stacks, each Channel has the full EQ range and gain structure to get everything from clean to distortion, so neither channel is limited in any way.
The A/DA APP-1 was designed to change the relationship between guitarists and their amplification, and will pave new paths to greater expression, new techniques and excitement in live and recorded performances.
Suggested Retail Price is $399; MAP is $349.
- (2011-10-11) A/DA APP-1 Pedal Preamp by RocketAmps
- (2011-10-21) A/DA APP-1 Pedal Preamp Demo HD by RocketAmps
- (2012-03-14) ADA APP preamp by atsushi964
- (2012-07-31) A/DA APP-1 Pedal Preamp by Burgerman666
- (2012-07-31) A/DA APP-1 PEDAL PREAMP (No talking): PRS Studio, Eventide SPACE and Laney L50H by Burgerman666
- (2012-09-07) A/DA APP-1 Pre Amp Review With Tom Quayle Guitar Interactive Magazine Issue 12 by iguitarmag
- (2013-03-07) Two Notes Torpedo C.A.B with A/DA APP-1 Pedal Preamp by GuitarCubeChina
- (2011-12-21) Gibson LP Bridge Hum Marshall High Gain by A/DA
- (2011-12-21) Strat Bridge Hum High Gain by A/DA
- (2011-12-21) Strat Bridge Hum Marshall High Gain by A/DA
- (2011-12-21) Strat Neck Single Coil Fender Twin by A/DA
- (2011-12-21) Strat Neck Single Coil OD by A/DA
- (2011-12-21) Tele Bridge Single Coil Fender Twin by A/DA
- (2011-12-21) Tele Neck Lipstick Fender Twin by A/DA
- (2012-09-07) ADA APP-1 (Clean) by Premier Guitar
- (2012-09-07) ADA APP-1 (Dirty) by Premier Guitar