Acoustic Imaginearing is run by Allen Myers
in Manassas, Virginia, USA.
Timeline (by Allen Myers)
- March 2003: I submitted a patent application for a design to capture sound from vibrating objects using microwaves.
- May 2003: Acoustic Imaginearing was formed by myself and Daniel Decker to experiment with the new patent to make coil-less pickups and microphones.
- August 2004: Patent approved for Microwave Sound Pickup Device.
- 2007: Focus shifted to distorting sound through quantum mechanical tunneling.
- 2008: First QuantumDrive Distortion/Overdrive units are made.
- July/August 2008: Tony Levin uses the QuantumDrive at the 400th anniversary of Quebec and on tour with King Crimson.
- August 2008: Roine Stolt uses the QuantumDrive on tour with The Flower Kings.
- August 2009: Roine Stolt records with the QuantumDrive on the Transatlantic album "The Whirlwind".
- September 2010: Allan Holdsworth owns a QuantumDrive