6 Degrees FX
R3 is a modded version of the classic RAT Distortion.
Like all other pedals from 6 Degrees FX, the R3 is constructed in real PTP format and is loaded with only the finest parts and components, which yields extremely sensitive response and pleasing tone. Try higher voltage (9V to 18V) to get higher headroom with bigger, even more articulated tone. R3 has more gain than the original RAT distortion, and the response is extremely fast! When the gain is maxed you can shred on R3 with exceptional note clarity. Every note you pick is fast and solid, every chord you strum sounds fat and articulated.
The main feature on R3 is the G.A.S switch, which allows you to select (G)ermanium clipping, (A)symmetrical clipping, and (S)ilicon clipping. Each of the 3 voices sounds and responses differently.
Germanium clipping offers early classic rock tone and has some mid accentuation. When drive is set low, it can easily produce familiar blues and rock tunes from the 60's 70's. You can get a secondary voice in the Germanium clipping mode by lowering your guitar volume to 6 or lower. By doing so the hard clipping sound will get filtered and you will get a warmer, overdrive-like soft clipping type of tone.
Asymmetrical clipping is louder, clearer, fatter than the other 2. Its full-bodied tone will remind you of a real tube amp being driven hard. It has the fat tone from the germanium mode, and also the edgy top end from silicon clipping mode. It's the most articulated voicing of the 3 and is very suitable for lead solo. You can also get the secondary voice by lowering guitar volume to filter out hard clipping.
Silicon clipping is more compressed, a bit heavier in bass and more solid in overall response. It has the fastest response and you can shred on it when gain is maxed. You cannot get secondary voice in this mode but you can access various degrees of drive simply by using your guitar volume knob. This mode is suitable for heavy riffing, arpeggio, sweeping, tapping and anything heavy rocker would do.
- (2014-03-28) 6 Degrees FX: R3 DISTORTION - DEMO by Burgerman666
- (2014-03-29) 6 Degrees FX - R3 Distortion by 6 Degrees FX
- (2014-03-29) 6 Degrees FX R3 Distortion (gen 1) by 6 Degrees FX
- (2014-04-14) 6 DEGREES FX - R3 Distortion - @GearDemoGram by Gear Demo Gram
- (2015-06-09) 6 Degrees FX: R3(MKII) Distortion by Burgerman666
- (2015-06-09) 6 Degrees FX R3 mkII 3-voice Distortion by 6 Degrees FX
- (2015-07-30) http://6degreesfx.com/collections/6-degrees-fx/products/r3-distortion by 6 Degrees FX
- (2015-07-30) http://6degreesfx.com/products/r3-distortion by 6 Degrees FX
- (2016-02-22) 6 Degrees FX R3 Distortion mkII - DEMO by vhtargino
- (2016-02-23) 6 Degrees FX R3 Distortion mkII by 6 Degrees FX
- (2016-02-23) So you want to get that heavy distortion chugga chugga sound? Look no further than the ultimate rock machine R3 Distortion mkII !! (caution: extreme exposure to epic awesomeness!) by 6 Degrees FX
- (2016-06-15) 6 Degrees FX R3 Distortion by shnobel
- (2016-06-15) 6 Degrees FX R3 Distortion by 6 Degrees FX
- (2016-06-15) 6 Degrees Fx R3 Distortion ?? ??????? by 6 Degrees FX
- (2016-06-16) Father's Day is just around the corner. You know what you should do :) https://6degreesfx.com/products/r3-distortion by 6 Degrees FX
- (2016-07-20) Fulltone OCD v1.7 vs 6 Degrees FX R3 Distortion by shnobel
- (2016-10-31) Testing freshly made #r3distortion what'd happen if you crank the gain? You'd get fat lead tone right out of r3 without ever needing to stack another drive on it. Playing is sloppy but the groove is in the heart. 6degreesfx.com by 6 Degrees FX
- (2017-03-22) 6 Degrees FX R3 Distortion MKII by Mike Hermans
- (2017-03-22) 6 Degrees FX R3 Distortion MKII by 6 Degrees FX
- (2017-03-22) R3 Distortion mkII by 6 Degrees FX
- (2017-05-31) 6 Degrees FX: R3 MKII DISTORTION by Burgerman666
- (2017-05-31) 6 Degrees FX R3 DISTORTION MKII 2017 by 6 Degrees FX
- (2017-05-31) https://6degreesfx.com/collections/standard-models-1/products/r3-distortion-mkii R3 Distortion is a versatile pedal that handles anything from classic rock to progressive/instrumental. Tight rhythm, massively beefy lead, and it cleans up well with your by 6 Degrees FX