- controls the input level of the effect. At higher gain settings a lot of effects can go into overdrive or distortion.
- controls the output volume of the effect
- controls the speed/rate of the LFO wave that controls the effect
- smooths out the fuzz sound and makes the Hercules purr
- boosts the gain way up and gives a seething auto-wah type distortion
- makes the Tremolo glitch out and gives crazy noise and self oscillation
The Hercules is an extremely versatile pedal that includes multiple effects. Primarily this pedal offers 50dB of dirty fuzz boost, over twice the amount of most boost pedals (typically 24dB). It also has a built-in Tremolo effect and speaker for mini-amplification! This pedal not only sounds great on guitar, but can be used for basses, synths, or even as an instrument in an effects loop. This is also the only pedal available with circuit bending effects straight from the manufacturer. What does this mean? It means you can't get these sounds anywhere else, period!
If you are looking for a smooth sounding, subtle effect then this pedal IS NOT FOR YOU! This pedal is extremely loud, noisy, and obnoxious! I cannot stress this enough. Please do not bid on this pedal unless this is what you are looking for.
The Hercules features include the following: True Bypass switching, on/off LED, 9V power adapter or battery operation, Switchcraft jacks, vintage style Orange Drop caps, and a heavy-duty steel enclosure.
The controls for the Hercules are: Gain, Volume, Tremolo Speed, 3 effects switches, True Bypass footswitch, and Tremolo on/off footswitch. The first effects switch smooths out the fuzz sound and makes the Hercules purr. The second switch boosts the gain way up and gives a seething auto-wah type distortion. The third effects switch makes the Tremolo glitch out and gives crazy noise and self oscillation. There is a 1/4 inch in, and 1/4 inch out that switches the speaker off. With nothing plugged into the output the Hercules functions as a mini-amplifier. The Hercules is powered by a 9V battery, or optional 9V power adapter (not included).