Here's FXDB's interview with Pavel Horky of Hot Amplifiers.
Hot Amplifiers is run by Pavel Horky
(Owner, CEO and main designer) and Martin Lukac (CMO, CBO for HOT Amps and HOT Amps Custom Shop). The company is located in Uhersky Brod, Czech Republic.
How did Hot Amplifiers start?
The pedals which had been used with our amplifiers had an unsatisfying tone so this forced us to modify those pedals. The adjustments became popular, so we decided to develop our own models with even more focus on high-end quality tone.
The surname of the founder i.e. "Horky" translated to English "HOT"
Cool looking font plus a bit of blaze of tubes/valves.
What sets Hot Amplifiers apart from other builders?
Exceptional and unprecedented tone!
Real true-bypass switching by using relays
How do you start on a new pedal?
Development time is approximatelly 2 months.Can you tell us something about the production process?
All pedals and amps are built in our workshop.
Circuits - top quality well plated printed boards, highest quality measured and tested components.
How important is the look of your pedals?
Design is also important, it should be pleasant to customers eyes and clearly arranged/intuitive operation.
Is parts selection important?
The most important criterion is the highest quality.
Which of your pedals is the most popular?
Who uses your pedals and for which genres?Know professional musicians from Czech and Slovak Republic.
What does the future of Hot Amplifiers look like?
- Focus on production and development of new highest quality custom hand-made guitar and bass amplification products.
- New line of effect pedals was born, in the near future more new custom pedals will be released. New models of model amps will be coming as well.
- More signature models will be coming.
- Looking for distribution in the US and Japan
- Interested in exhibiting at Musik Messe 2013
- And many more top secret cool things
Are you working on any new products?
Yes. New pedals coming early 2013.